LD Systems DAVE 8 XS - drum-tec 2.1 Monitor recommendation
We ventured on a quest to find a worthy successor of the Yamaha and Roland 2.1 e-drum monitoring systems (PM-3/30, MS50 and MS100DR, ...) and after thorough and exhaustive research we found the German company Adam Hall - LD Systems. A sales representative visited us and for an entire day we tested and scrutinized their product range.
Every system has been checked with all the entry level to flagship setups from Roland, Yamaha, Alesis, ATV and even with the Pearl Mimic Pro. We tested the products mounted on racks and stands - in front of the set, behind the set, even under and over the drummer. In short: We were relentless and tested every option.
In the end we chose three systems from LD Systems as a worthy addition to our product range!
The setup we recommend most strongly is:
- two satellite speakers mounted on separate studio monitor stands to the left and right of the drum rack (see available accessories).
- => This is a small investment with huge rewards in terms of flexibility with your drum setup.
- The power-sub needs to be to the side and behind the drummer for the best sound experience.
- You need Speakon Connection Cables to connect the satellites to the sub - please order them seperatly
We guarantee a full and rich e-drum sound adventure!
- The new LD Systems DAVE 8XS is a portable 2.1 multimedia system with a high-performance 8" band pass subwoofer and two satellites (each 4" + 1", with silk dome).
- The system provides crystal-clear sound and was specifically designed for multimedia applications such as home PA or gaming; it is also suitable as a monitor for DJs or keyboardists or as a music system for smaller venues such as bars and cafés.
- The high-performance A/B amplifier built into the subwoofer provides for both the subwoofer and the satellites.
- The multimedia system LD DAVE 8XS has line inputs in XLR and RCA format and is equipped with all standard protections.
- The built-in limiter keeps the system safe from overload and ensures a long service life.
- On the side of the subwoofer, in addition to an ON/OFF switch and a phase reverse switch (180°), there is a separate subwoofer volume knob that allows you to find the perfect mix of brilliant treble, punchy mids, and powerful bass.
Technical features of the LD Systems DAVE 8XS
- Product number: LDDAVE8XS
- Product type: PA Complete Systems
- Colour: Black
- Max. SPL (continuous): 117dB
- Frequency response: 45 - 19.000Hz
- Dispersion (H x V): 60 x 60°
- Weight: 29kg
- Low/mid driver dimensions: 8"
- Woofer size: 203.2mm
- Woofer magnet: Ferrite
- Woofer brand: Custom-made
- Cabinet construction: Bandpass
- Cabinet material: 15 mm MDF
- Cabinet surface: texture paint
- Subwoofer width: 352mm
- Subwoofer height: 430mm
- Subwoofer depth: 434mm
- Mid/Hi System
- Midrange size: 2 x 4"
- Midrange size: 2 x 101.6mm
- Midrange magnet: Ferrite
- Midrange brand: Custom-made
- Tweeter dimensions: 1"
- Tweeter dimensions (mm): 25.4mm
- Tweeter magnet: Ferrite
- Tweeter brand: Custom-made
- Mid/Hi system impedance: 4Ohm(s)
- Loudspeaker inputs: 1
- Speaker input connections: Speakon compatible
- Cabinet construction mid/high: Closed
- Mid/Hi system cabinet material: 12 mm MDF
- Mid/Hi system cabinet surface: texture paint
- Mid/Hi system width: 144mm
- Mid/Hi system height: 350mm
- Mid/Hi system depth: 170mm
- Mid/Hi system features: 16 mm flange, 2 x M6 mounting points for wall mounting
- Amplifier module (integrated in subwoofer)
- Amplifier: Class A/B (Bi-amp)
- Amplifier output system (RMS): 350W
- Amplifier output system (peak): 1400W
- Protection circuits: short circuit, overload, limiter
- Cooling: Aluminium heat sink
- Controls: Subwoofer Volume, mains switch (on/off), volume, Subwoofer Phase Reverse
- Indicators: Power
- Operating voltage: transformer, 220 V AC - 240 V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Line inputs: 2 (Left/Right)
- Line input connectors: XLR, 6.3 mm jack, RCA
- Loudspeaker outputs: 2 (Left/Right)
- Speaker output connections: Speakon compatible
|Weight in kg:||29|